Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Belated Fourth of July

Looking for a decent place to watch the fireworks I traveled to some of the usual spots.

The park closest to the Hudson river was packed and they were even having a mini-concert.


So off to Governors Island and the temporary beach was up.

It was nice but lots of kids.

Then this weirdness, it looks like my Canon camera.

Except it was on top of one of the buildings which is odd since these things are not waterproof.

Dozens of these new red benches have taken over the island.

Cruise ship and a conveyor belt of clouds.

Liberty!!!

A hammock that was trying to kill me when I tried to sit on it.

Off to Staten Island I passed by the Richmond County Bank Ballpark at St. George where the Staten Island Yankees were playing.

The place to stand for foul balls.

Simply a beautiful day for baseball.

Bad fireworks pictures.

Still can't get the settings right for fireworks.
Oh yes I tried the fireworks settings and it was bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment